How to price tenders in construction?
Piotr Jaworowski BSc(Hons) MSc MRICS
Piotr is a Chartered Quantity Surveyor with experience working for a contractor and consultancies in the private and public sector including refurbishment, fit-out, new build, residential, commercial, industrial and civil engineering projects. A graduate of Edinburgh Napier University and Heriot Watt University and a member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
This one hour seminar will explore the RICS New Rules of Measurement (NRM):
NRM1: Order of Cost Estimating and Cost Planning for Capital Building Works
NRM2: Detailed Measurement for Building Works.
The NRM 1 and 2 aims to capture and illustrate best practice guidance for stages in the construction process from initial estimates through to production of bill of quantities.
This seminar will cover the following:
· Understand the drivers of the RICS NRM initiative
· Overview of RICS NRM Suite (NRM1 & 2)
· The use of NRM1 in the preparation of estimates and cost plans
· NRM2 structure and use
· Preparation of contract documentation when using NRM2
· Understand the impact on pricing contract documentation based on NRM2