The most important body of STP is the Annual General Meeting, which elects the Association’s Trustees and the Internal Audit Committee .The AGM also approves the budget and plans for the forthcoming year. Voting powers at the AGM are given to all members who have paid their subscriptions.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Association, its finances and approval of the activities of individual project groups. Board meetings are held once a month and any STP member may participate. The Board of Trustees includes the following:
- Chair – responsible for coordinating the work of the Board and representing the Association in contacts with external partners
- Treasurer– responsible for the finances of the Association.
- Secretary – responsible for documents and formal matters as well as communication with members and partners of STP.
- Committees responsible for specific activities of the Association:
- Membership Committee – responsible for dealing with membership applications.
- Disciplinary Committee – handles complaints and non-compliance with STP Rules of Conduct
- Technical Academy – responsible for STP training activities.
The Internal Audit committee is independent of the Board and its role is to monitor STP finances and the activities of its authorities.
In addition to the hierarchal structure, STP also has project groups – teams that implement individual projects of the Association.
There is also a charity foundation; STP Benevolent Fund which is independent of the Association and to which all members of the Association belong. Its purpose is to support STP members who may find themselves in difficult life or financial situations.