Membership of the Association of Polish Engineers in the UK is based on the nature of qualifications and professional experience held.
Achieving member status is confirmation of possessing the appropriate competencies and qualifications, which in themselves are a confirmation of professional status.
Subject to the grade of membership held, various benefits and privileges apply. The following list describes the various categories of membership as well as the requirements which need to be evidenced as part of the application process:
This membership category is for engineers, scientists and technicians with a university degree and/or extensive documented professional experience. This is the main category of membership allowing for full use of member benefits.
- Certificate of graduation in an engineering, science or technical discipline, or
- Certificate of graduation in another field together with a minimum of 3 years professional experience in industry, education or educational establishments, or
- Minimum 6 years of documented professional engineering experience, or
- Title of Chartered Engineer (CEng), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or an equivalent issued by an appropriate professional body in the UK
Associate Member, AssocMSTP
This membership category is intended for those without degree level education, but with a wide professional experience in a technical discipline. Membership includes for most benefits but excludes the power of a vote at the AGM. Associate members may, after one year of membership, be considered for member (MSTP) status subject to their involvement in STP activities.
- Student status at a technical university, or
- Certificate of graduation in non-technical discipline, or
- Minimum 3 years of documented professional engineering experience, or
- Title of Engineering Technician (EngTech) or an equivalent issued by an appropriate professional body in the UK
Affiliate Member, AffilMSTP
A membership category open to all those interested in science and technical subjects, who would like to join the Association. Affiliate members can use from some of the membership benefits (e.g. participation in the mentoring programme) but do not have voting rights and are not eligible for membership discounts nor Benevolent Fund support.
Corporate Member, CorpMSTP
This membership category is intended for businesses and other organisations or institutions, which may wish to join the Association. Corporate membership gives full rights of the individual membership and also allows the company to be listen on the website as a corporate member.
- References from 2 voting members of the Association
Honorary Member, HonMSTP
This membership grade is awarded to individuals and organisations with exceptional professional achievements and contribution to the Association. Honorary membership requires recommendation from the Board of Trustees or a group od 10 members and is awarded by the General Meeting.