As promotion of relevant best practices is one of the objects of the Association, since 2008 we have been implementing the BIM for Poland project, whose aim is to promote the use of BIM process in polish construction industry. BIM (Building Information Modeling) is a methodology that allows virtual design and implementation of construction projects. The use of BIM in construction allows for increasing the efficiency of the design process, reduces design errors and allows for the analysis of construction and operation costs of the investment.
Throughout the BIM for Poland project, we use our knowledge and experience gained in Great Britain, to promote BIM technology and its applications in Poland. As the UK is the European leader in the implementation of BIM, sharing of British know-how allows for the use of proven methods during construction projects implemented in Poland.
How we do this?
- Co-operation with government agencies, aimed at implementing appropriate legal solutions enabling the use of BIM in practice
- Education of technical staff in the use of BIM, transfer of know-how to Poland
- Demonstrating the use of BIM in practical examples, e.g. as part of the BIM4POSK project
- Organizing International BIM Conferences: “BIM for Poland – risk and challenges” – 2 editions.
- BIM technology presentations at numerous meetings with Polish partners.
- Cooperation with Polish organizations and universities